You are here
Directorate of Legal Education, Public Affairs and Research
- To prepare and implement programmes for the continued education of Judicial Officers.
- To design and implement programmes to educate the public about administration of Justice.
- To design materials on Law and administration of Justice for dissemination to the public.
- To produce materials on Law and administration of Justice for dissemination to Judicial Officers.
- To design and implement programmes and media strategies (print and electronic) to publicize the JSC and enhance its image.
- To respond to public concerns and queries about the JSC.
- To respond to public queries on Law and administration of justice.
- To provide a linkage between the public and justice agencies.
- To manage and control the operations of the JSC Resource Centre.
The Department has achieved the following:
- Conducted civic education in various Districts in Uganda;
- Conducted civic education in several Sub-counties;
- Held interactive talk-shows on many radio stations and Television Stations in Uganda;
- Carried out regional outreach workshops in various regions and districts of Uganda;
- Carried out impact assessment surveys in the districts where civic education was carried out;
- Printed several IEC materials like posters, brochures, fliers and labels for the Judicial Service Commission;
- Established a fully equipped Resource Centre for the Judicial Service Commission.
- The department printed several charts,pamphlets and booklets on law and administration of Justice. These are always distributed in various areas of the country at no cost and are also available at the Commission offices.
- Sensitisation workshops have been held in prisons around the country.
- Spot messages have been aired on radio stations around the country,to sensitise the Public on law and administration of Justice.
ACitizen's Handbook on law and administration of Justice in Uganda. This book is available in English, Luganda, Runyakitara, Luo, Ateso and Ng'akarimojong. The Swahili version is soon going to be printed.
Copyright © 2021, Judicial Service Commission. All Rights Reserved
With Support from NITA-U