Must money be paid before one is released on bail?

The accused is bound to pay a sum of money fixed at the discretion of the court if he or she fails to appear for trial. The sum can be in cash or bond. Where the sum fixed is in a bond form, then no cash is paid but in case the accused fails to appear before court, he is bound to pay the bonded sum on his or her arrest. Where money is paid in cash, a receipt must be given.

Who may apply to court for bail?
a) The accused may tell court in respectful words that he or she requests to be released on bail and that he or she will turn up for the trial or appear before court whenever required to do so.
b) The accused